Thursday, June 9, 2011

Westminster and St. James

I was never able to find anyone to do this walk with me (everyone had already done it) so I did it in chunks over several days as I saw some other sights with other people.

First, I passed Buckingham Palace and the back side of Westminster Abbey.  This picture was taken out front of Buckingham Palace, which I was able to visit with a group earlier.



Later, I got off at the Westminster Tube Station and went around Parliament and up to Westminster Abbey before going to the Churchill War Rooms with Jessica yesterday.

And then, after, I finished the walk on my own.  I walked through St. James Park and to the Horses Guard, and did a circle to make my way back to the Westminster Tube stop.

I really liked breaking the walk up like this.  It reminded me of how much I've learned about London since I came here.  If I had tried to do this whole walk on my own at the beginning of the program, I would have gotten totally lost.  Not only was I able to make my way around on my own, I knew so much about the things I was walking past!

London is beautiful; this walk reminded me of that.  Parliament, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace are some of the most beautiful "English" buildings I can think of.  It was so nice being able to look at all of them on my own as my time here comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment