Monday, May 2, 2011

Central Parks Walk (Run?)

This morning, I was looking to both do a walk for our class and go for a run.  Per Dr. Crowe's suggestion, I decided to do both!  I took the tube to Westminster Station and started running!

It was a beautiful run.  At the beginning, I passed Big Ben and Parliament--my first time seeing it!  It was a little surreal.

I walked past lots of very official looking buildings, including the Foreign Office Building.  The architecture was simply beautiful; very ornate and European-looking.  I loved passing all of the monuments and statues.  The Wellington Arch was my favorite.

Eventually, I made my way to St. James Park.  I passed through to Green Park, then made my way to Hyde Park, and finished my jog in Kensington Garden.  The parks were all really beautiful and it ended up being a beautiful way to start my morning.  I was joined by lots of other runners and bikers, which was fun.

The scenery throughout all of the parks was beautiful.  I loved passing Round Pond and the Serprentine River.  Even though it was under construction, I really loved passing Kensington Palace.  It was beautiful!

Overall, my run was beautiful.  I loved having the London Walks route to give my work-out some structure!

I forgot to bring my camera (plus there was obviously no way I could carry it), so here's a picture from my first walk in Hyde Park!  Hope it suffices.

1 comment: